Oak Lodge School treats all students and staff as individuals. We are strongly committed to equality of opportunity both as an employer and a service provider.
The Equality Act of 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
At Oak Lodge School we:
- Ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- Make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- Recognise that people have different needs and that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same
- Make sure that no one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their:
- ethnicity, colour or national origin
- gender identity (they have reassigned or plan to reassign their gender)
- marital or civil partnership status
- being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- religion or belief
- sexual identity and orientation
- Recognise that students need different levels of support to help them achieve and be successful
- Make sure people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decision making especially pupils and parents.
We welcome our duties to:
- Promote community cohesion (under the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- Eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations (under the Equality Act 2010)
- Publish information about how we have used Pupil Premium and Year 7 catch-up funding to raise achievement
At Oak Lodge School, all students follow a curriculum that is carefully personalised and differentiated to provide a learning environment that reflects the range of individual needs, strengths, achievements and special interests. The curriculum is delivered in a multi-sensory and kinaesthetic way to meet the range of learning styles and capabilities in pursuit of our main equality objective of narrowing the attainment gap for all groups of learners in our special community.
Please see our Equality Policy for further detail.